Sunday, 26 July 2026

Sydney Gals Winter Meet!

 Sydney Gyaru Winter Meet - Photobooths & Karoke!

It's the post you've all been waiting for...
Finally another gal meet!

Last Saturday, I had the absolute best time, finally seeing the sydney gyarus again, and meeting a few new faces!
The second last day of my two week only winter break, it was my highlight! And I was looking forward to it the whole time. 
I really loved my outfit, I made the blazer (from drafting the pattern to adding the buttonholes) over two days, to match a skirt I had made last year for the twice concert. I also wore the black bodice with the heart buttons that I wore when I met up with Sofia earlier in the holidays. 
The shoes were borrowed from my mother, and the hairbows I made a while ago too, but I feel that this outfit is a testament to my development of my gyaru style, from my literal first go at it, to a gradually refining look!
Gyaru mina in July 2026
and...
Not quite gyaru mina in November 2025

I've definitely found my feet more in the style now, and its meets like the one on Saturday that truly bring out the best in us, so let me tell you all about it!

The night before, I did my wig, and it was going to be a more proper attempt at sujimori, instead of just my usual bump it on straight or natural hair. 
I first practiced on a spare wig, and it went alright.
Then I went onto my actual wig, and it was a bit stressful, but I was fairly happy about the result, except now I know that I need less hair in the teasing, but more hair covering or smoothing the teasing...which I'll for sure keep in mind.

However, although my styling was successful, this wig would become a major gripe to the day. 😡

Anyways! The morning of, I got up, and was so happy and excited my hands were shaking so bad that I could barely put my eyeliner on! (this also happened at the first meet...haha...curse you shaky hands) 
 
Unfortunately, i decided against putting on press on nails for the day, as I would've struggled with the gel glue pads, but this gave me more time to do my makeup, and I was able to leave ahead of schedule, happy with my look!
The train ride was the longest trip everrrrrrr, but I got off and headed down to photo signature in Haymarket.
This was the beginning of the demise of my wig.
It was slipping down the whole time, so heavy, I had to hold the front, and by the time I got to photo signature, my hair was peeking out! Because the elastics I had put in my braids had BOTH BROKEN!!!!
Whatvever.
I met Nisa, and we waited for all the other girls to arrive!!
Nisa - @nazumeoww on instagram
It is always so lovely to see the beautiful gals, and everyone looked so beautiful beautiful beautiful and smiling!
We were all preparing to take a big group photo together with the gyaru frame available at photo signature, but I took a chance to go into a booth and fix my wig properly, unforch, this did not solve my problems, but on we went to take pictures together!!
Naive me...I thought my problems were solved here
Sarah - @evilde4d86 and I!!! I am so in love with her hair I adore how she shaped ir
Her outfit is so cool, and mostly thrifted which is so cool! the top is so adorable I want it haha
@slavbunny, so chic in her new things from Japan!
Alyssa - @gyaaly_03

It was a struggle though, as the lense was quite compressed(?) so we could hardly fit four girls in, let alone twelve. It was certainly a production though, and everyone was making sure all the gorgeous gals got in a picture.
After this, some gals took more pictures, while some of us took outfit pics and cute cute cute selfies together!!!
Three cuties!! @rix.xss, ta_chippi - the author of TaChippi's Burrow!
Me and my baeeeeeeeeeee rihanna aaaa!!!

We had a little time before our booking at Sydney karaoke, so we split up. Most of the girls went off to miniso (I think?...) while Iris, Alyssa, Ace and I went to Breadtop to get a snack!

We then went up to Sydney karaoke, which was super close by. We waited for the other girls to arrive, and then our karaoke started!
Silly cutie Iris - she says hi!
First, a quick unboxing from Leely

We did many, many songs, even some parapara ones! And the other girls looked so fabulada in the pics they took.

An hour went by so fast, and the worker was so kind to let us extend our booking another hour! It was $95 for 13 people 2-3pm, the $75 for 13 people 3-4pm, which was a great price when split between all of us!


Iris and I did some "interpretive dancing", and no one told me my wig was halfway down my head!!!! so angry haha. I was getting hot, so the wig had to say goodbye and was crudely stuffed in my bag by me.
Moments before disaster...

bam...brown.

Unfortunately, I was quite exhausted by the end of the booking, and had gotten a bit of anxiety thinking about school starting on Monday, so I said farewell to all the gals, and went on my way ☺️


It's always such a lovely time with my gals, and I can't wait for the next meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment