A special treat with Alpacas at Iris Lodge
I'm back, cutie gals~ Another post! Already!
Jiliby was where I was today! At the Iris Lodge, playing with alpacas, llamas, guineafowl and the cutest babydoll sheep!
Up on the central coast, it was a little bit of a drive, and to get there by 10, we left a bit before 9. As always, driving along the hawkesbury was lovely, and the river was absolutely sparkling as we passed by!
Seeing as I only had a little bit of time today to get ready and I was going to a farm, I didn't really go for gal, just doing my makeup, and wearing something practical. I'm glad I didn't do my hair though, as it was soooo windy all day! |
| This made me realise I really need to fix up my brows...that's what I'll be doing tonight! |
Once we arrived, we cleaned our shoes and sanitised our hands, and were immediately met by the most gorgeous alpacas and llamas! The alpacas were quite small and cute, but the llamas were beautifully tall |
| These sheep are "babydoll" sheep, and they are just the smiliest! |
My mother and I quickly started going around to pet any llamas and alpacas who would come close |
| Mama! |
The alpacas were really tall, with very long necks!Soon, most people attending had arrived, so it was time for brunch! There was a lovely array of fruits, yoghurts, cakes and drinks.I chose a lovely yoghurt museli, and delicious papaya, strawberries, grapes and honeydew melon. I also got a piece of banana cake, which was just a cherry on top at the end~ As we were finishing up, one of the owners, Sharon offered some hummingbird cake she had been experimenting with, and it was one of the most delicious bites I'd ever had! So moist and lovely, it was really good...
While we ate, the other owner, Sean, taught us about how to interact with the animals, and a little about the farm. They have over 100 alpacas in all colour varieties, except pure black, so I'll show you them now!
 |
| Very zen spotty~ |
 |
| Another jolly spotty! |
 |
| Silly gang! |
 |
| A freckled bleach blonde |
As I said before, Iris Lodge doesn't only have alpacas, but nine llamas, babydoll sheep, and guineafowl |
| Sean told us that they had guineafowl for pest control, as they eat up all the ticks and remove the need for pesticides |
The sheep were so sweet and puppy-like, and unlike the alpacas and llamas, love a good pat on the bum!! |
| Sheep 64, while I don't know his name, he was very greedy! And would bite your leg if you ignored him with carrots in your hand. |
While I waited for others to finish up brunch, I had the pleasure of talking with the granddaughter of Sean and Sharon, who knew all about the animals and introduced me to Harry and William the alpacasI don't quite remember who was who, but they were both very sweet 🤎Of course, I also fed Lychee the Llama some grapesHe was very tall, and very friendly, and I think he would make a good gyaruo!Dark tan, long lashes, a little nose highlight and voluminous hair, he's the man of many gyaru's dreams!!  |
| Harry/William also wanted in on a selfie, I think he could be a good gyaruo too~ |
We soon all went into the paddock, so most of the rest of the post will just be a photo dump haha
 |
| Some were very friendly and came up right away |
 |
| Others, like these sheep were a little more shy, and hid in the corner |
 |
I got comfortable with them soon enough, they are such gentle creatures However, sometimes they might have moved fast or suddenly, and I got worried they were about to spit! |
 |
| This llama had beautiful colouring, a bit like toast, or a latte |
 |
| Long necks, like a giraffe! |
 |
| I was really happy here 😊 |
 |
| Someone has their brunch still stuck in their teeth! |
 |
| Twins! -almost |
Soon, it was time for our first go of feeding with some carrots and pelletsWhile the alpacas and llamas were a bit so-so about the carrots, the sheep love the carrot slices!Sometimes they'd even corner you! |
| If you gave them some carrot, they'd be plenty happy to take a pic |
Later on, we said goodbye to the sheep, and moved into a much larger paddock, where the alpacas where enjoying the sunThe property was truly beautiful, so nicely maintained, and the exceptional treatment and care for the animals was evident wherever you looked.
 |
| Before arriving, we were told to bring some bananas to feed the alpacas, and they loved them! |
We also got given bowls of their hay feed, which they absolutely devoured!
Some of them were very very messy with their eating though!
 |
| Where did his ears go!!! |
 |
| What a happy gal! |
Also, I didn't realise how thick the fleece of alpacas was!My fingers could be half hidden in their coat, and it was so warm
 |
| Everyone, humans and alpacas alike was happy in peace |
 |
| Alpacas fold up perfectly! What a perfect design |
Before we knew it, our two and a half hours was up, and time for a drive home.My mother noted how just an hour of travel could make you feel just like you were far out in the countryside
Today was a pretty calm post, and pretty photo heavy, so I hope you liked seeing all the cute animals, though probably not as much as I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment